Alpha 1 security are recognised as a responsible company providing quality security services in the UK with a close focus on manned guarding, retail security, door supervision, event security and close protection.
Although we are able to assist with security for events or pre-defined dates, it is important you keep safe all the time. There are many ways in which you can protect yourself when you are out and about. You can’t be shielded all of the time – it’s simply not possible. Some of the points which will be made, you might think of being fairly obvious. However you would be shocked how many people forget these simple guidelines and have to live with the consequences.
Firstly, here are some tips on keeping your home safe;
- Always lock your door and close your windows, all of your doors should have 3 locking points and use deadlocks if you have them for added security.
- Never leave any spare keys outside your house or in a garage or shed.
- When in the house, keys for both the house and car should be kept out of sight from the outside.
- Make sure to draw your curtains at night and ensure that valuable items are out of sight.
- Know your neighbourhood and get involved with the surrounding community – that way when you are away you have people looking out for your home.
- Don’t leave ladders or other possible aides lying around.
Considering how much money is spent in the UK each year on our homes, it is surprising how little of it goes on securing the properties themselves. A simple alarm system doesn’t need to set you back much financially yet will be a huge deterrent to any thief potentially breaking into your home.
In terms of more personal safety for you as an individual; from hiring yourself a bodyguard to walk around with you whenever you go anywhere (which let’s face it is probably a little bit out of the average person’s price range) to simply keeping your valuables zipped in a pocket inside your closed handbag. There are options;
- When using a cash point, don’t be afraid to use shield your hand from any prying eyes because passwords, pins and personal information always need to be protected.
- Carrying a personal defence device such as pepper spray can buy you time if you were unfortunate enough to find yourself in a bad situation.
- When out and about make sure that you do not appear to be a target, those that are aware of their surroundings are less likely to become victims of crime. Stay savvy.
- Stay on well-lit, busier streets when the natural light of the day fades, this will deter anyone from approaching you.
- This, as well as being a safety tip is also in case of emergency – if you have any known medical conditions or allergies then wearing a medical bracelet or having an emergency system in place in your home could save your life.
The chances of you or your family becoming a victim of violent crime in a public place are still low, but it does happen. You should always be aware of where you are and what your surroundings include and you can make that chance even smaller.